Go to page: 1, 2, 3 Bookmark Thread
Marsh76

11:10pm Mar 25 2011

Normal User

O Hai thar Tymid, just saying hi ^_^
Tymid

11:54pm Mar 25 2011

Normal User

Marsh! :) You wouldn't happen to be the one from GPX+, now would you? :) Glad you found this place!
Tymid

6:25pm Mar 26 2011

Normal User

UPDATE!!!

DanceIsLife's Commission is complete! Since she has paid the majority of her half, it can be found in the pick-up section. That means one slot is open!
Tymid

12:26am Mar 27 2011

Normal User

Bump?
DanceIsLife

1:07am Mar 27 2011

Normal User

Thank you SO much Tymid! I'm working with coding but my life has been crazy! I promise I'll have it soon. I was thinking something along a blue mist type thing since you like the look of Tesuri

Tymid

2:35am Mar 27 2011

Normal User

That sounds wonderful! ^_^ I can't wait to see it. :D
Zuzu

3:16am Mar 27 2011 (last edited on 3:27am Mar 27 2011)

Normal User

Username: Zuleika

Image/Ref: My two albino verams, Ninetales and Ninetails.

Image ref: http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/167/d/6/REQUEST__Ninetales_by_The_F0X.jpg

Note: You don't have to make them look exactly like the veram in that image, you can do your own take on the veram, the image is there simply to demonstrate their tails.

Extra Detail: In the ref you can only see 7 tails, but they do have 9. :P And red eyes please.

Have you read my little discrepancy list up above?: Of course. :D

Thanks. 

Tymid

3:17am Mar 27 2011

Normal User

Good to see you again! ^_^ And added to the list. Ninetales is my favorite poke'mon, by the way. <3
Zuzu

3:20am Mar 27 2011 (last edited on 3:22am Mar 27 2011)

Normal User

Haha, I thought so when I saw your deviant art avatar, so I thought who better to draw them? xD

And ffffuuuu.... I only saw the chibi's after I posted my request. D: Now I am gonna have to wait to order one.

Tymid

3:46am Mar 27 2011

Normal User

Awww, I'm sorry. They'll be here; a slot will most likely open tomorrow after I finish the Iluvu bust. :)
Tymid

3:46am Mar 27 2011 (last edited on 3:46am Mar 27 2011)

Normal User

Double post for the lose. D:
iheartyou919

3:32pm Mar 27 2011

Normal User

http://quelos.deviantart.com/art/Blind-Tesuri-202568274

Here's the tesuri. Not my best, but I tried. I am not that good with Tesuris, I suppose. Oh well.

Love is unconquerable. For love needs not the pleasure of outward beauty, as it takes great pride in the inward. Love needs not the cushion of luxury and riches, for lovers tend to grow closer in strife. Love needs not fame, for those true to love will not host greed.
Tymid

3:34pm Mar 27 2011

Normal User

Ooooh, she's beautiful. I think it's wonderful. :D Thank you so much; should be starting on yours today once I finish a bit of homework. ^_^
iheartyou919

3:58pm Mar 27 2011

Normal User

Aw. Thanks. <3

Love is unconquerable. For love needs not the pleasure of outward beauty, as it takes great pride in the inward. Love needs not the cushion of luxury and riches, for lovers tend to grow closer in strife. Love needs not fame, for those true to love will not host greed.
Tymid

3:40pm Mar 28 2011

Normal User

Ho'kay, so my computer decided to derp on itself. I'll get to it today, iheart. ^_^
Yoshi

5:46pm Mar 28 2011 (last edited on 10:39pm Mar 28 2011)

Normal User

*saw your blog* I'mma post here instead because it'll be.. way more convenient. xD I hate doing long comments in that darned tiny box.

First of all. Props to you for going with realism. ;o I love realism. And it does do an artist a lot of good in improving.

That said, however, I do think your price may be too high right now. Granted, I'm not entirely well-informed on commission prices - heck, the last time I did commissions around here for a price that I honestly thought fit my skill at the time was.. quite a while ago. Probably early 2009. But I'd still say a million might be too much.

I mostly say this based on skill level. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, and apologies if I come off that way. x3 But. You could use some practice in shading and anatomy.

If you get some free time, try just drawing things you see around you. Bird outside your window? Sketch it real quick. Got a friend or two who'd be willing to pose? Take full advantage. :D Even just going out, taking a walk, and drawing what you see around helps. Busy public places like malls and restaurants are great for sketching people. A park or zoo would be good for animals.

I also see daily self-portraits suggested a lot. They can help tons.

And of course, if you don't have something you need to get down anywhere nearby, there is always the Internets. I wouldn't suggest trying to learn too much from images though. That can end up giving a person's drawings an odd.. flat kinda look.

For shading, try just setting up a few simple shapes you might have lying around - stuff like spheres, cubes, cones, pyramids, cylinders, and whatnot - in light sources of different directions, types, strengths, and numbers. Since the forms are simple, you can focus completely on shading. Again, helps a ton. Even just improved shading alone can make a drawing look much, much more convincing.

Oh, and I almost forgot to say. Try simply putting a link in your signature saying you're doing commissions. That should help as a right-now thing for boosting your sales. Advertising always helps. c:

Extra points if it's an image-link.

iheartyou919

7:08pm Mar 28 2011

Normal User

Tymid

8:24pm Mar 29 2011

Normal User

Hey, yeah, I'll look at it! ^_^ And sorry for the art delay. School decided that despite the fact that I don't sleep, I need more homework. -_- I'll get to these as soon as possible; y'all won't be disappointed. ^_^
Tymid

11:57pm Mar 29 2011

Normal User

iheartyou's Trance Iluvu is complete! One slot is now open. ^_^
Tymid

10:09pm Mar 30 2011

Normal User

@yoshirules: How did I miss your post. Thanks so much for the input; I really, really do enjoy reading C&C. Don't worry about sounding mean, I'm old enough to where I hear much worse on a daily basis (I'm a voice major, I get it all the time. ^_^) I'll take what you said into consideration. Feel free to post here or Rmail me if you find anything else! :D
Go to page: 1, 2, 3